Sunday, May 15, 2011

My passion or my experience?

I have this annoying voice in my head ever since I finished my practicum. It kept reminding me of my next step. My next plan. FOR MY FUTURE. I wish a letter of opportunity would come and tell me exactly what I needed. Do I follow my passion or should I just continue with what I know and what I have been doing for the past 4 years?It's a very difficult decision and I am inevitably torn between this two choices. Continuing my studies by doing Masters in TESL would be a leap stone to my still non-existent career. My going-to-be career exactly. I'll be a lecturer? A tutor? A tuiton center teacher? Any kind of career that is possible with that newly earned degree? Or taking a certificate or a diploma in Culinary Arts? A comfort food for my soul. Doing something I am absolutely passionately in love with. But where will I go on then? Do I continue another 3 or 4 years with my degree? or is that just a waste of time? What if I suddenly lose interest in it? will it all be a waste of time? My youth down in the drain doing something I am not sure of. And at this age I am very confuse with what I should do. What if I fail my Masters? What if I can't cook suddenly? If I lost my touch? So many questions running through my head, digging further into my soul. WHAT IF I MAKE THE WRONG DECISION? What would I do next? Do I become a chef or do I become a teacher? or is there more opportunities that I am not aware of? Do I be one of the young ones in a Masters' class or do I be one of the oldest one in a cooking class? Does age really matter? I just hope that by the end of this June I will already know what I want to do with my life.

3 comments:

iley said...

im in the same hole right now. except u want to do culinary while i wanna do art-design.

life sucks dont they. especially when we dont know what to do, or how to do it.

red red PEANUT said...

yes exactly..lets! me do culinary and u do art design..heh heh heh..degree tesl buang dlm parit!

Nabilah Anafi said...

adoi. adoi. make your decision wisely tau. ok. bai!